1. Cade really got what the whole Santa thing was all about this year so it was really fun. I also loved being able to threaten him with if you aren't nice Santa won't come. It seemed to work really well until one night he said, "Mom if I am not good will Santa make me into a toy?" I was a little confused until he followed with and if I am really really bad my nose will start to grow." It is so funny to see into the mind of a three year old.
2. Austin saying ho ho ho every time he saw Santa and then when he saw all of his toys he pointed and said ho ho. I also enjoyed him playing with boxes, baskets and wrapping paper. They were way more fun than any toys.
3. Family parties with all of our family. We had lots of family parties this year. We started the month out with an adult only party with my family. We did a fun gift exchange and had Chinese take out. It was so fun to talk without 19 kids running around. On Christmas eve we start the day with breakfast at Clint's Grandma Taylor's, Then we have lunch with my family and a yummy seafood dinner at Clint's Moms. Our day is packed but we love being able to spend the day with our family.
4. Christmas Day was really laid back this year. I woke up the kids at 6:30 because I was really excited. (I know Clint thought I was crazy!) The kids opened their presents and we played for a while before we went to my Mom's for breakfast. I stayed there most of the day while Clint and Austin went home for some much needed naps. Later that day Clint's Mom and sister dropped by so we made spaghetti and homemade bread from my new bread maker for dinner.
5. After Christmas we have a tradition of staying at Clint's Dad's ranch in Kanosh. It is so much fun to have a father in law who is an amazing cook. He made my all time favorite desert 14 layer chocolate and vanilla cake with a sour cream and buttermilk chocolate frosting. When we got married he catered our wedding and made this cake for everyone. It is so good!!! He also rents snowmobiles to ride on his 25 acres. I also got a bottle of my favorite homeade tomato soup in my stocking. (I am posting about it in hopes he will send me some more!!!)
6. Making Gingerbread trains with the Clint's family on Christmas Eve.
7. Seeing the lights at Temple square with my sister followed by swimming at the Marriott.
8. Our Christmas party in Logan with Clint's Grandma Fergy.
9. Watching my brother try to be Santa at our Christmas eve party. It was hilarious. Cade kept saying why is Santa so funny. He did a good job and he actually fooled Cade. He still thinks Santa came to Grandmas talked funny and danced for everyone.
10. Last but not least packing up all the Christmas Decorations and putting our house up for sale. Clint is bored with our house now that it is all finished. He wants to move on to a new project. One of our last list of things to do was install granite. It looks so good that I don't want to move.
5 comments:
Do you think you'll leave the area or stick around here?
Wow, your living room was full of Christmas fun that morning! I love the tent! Are you guys moving?
Your moving??!! I thought you loved that house and your ward. Where are you moving too? We REALLY need to get together!
Cute pictures, looks like a fun christmas. Sorry I have been the worst person in the world to do Activity days with in all fairness it really wasn't my fault just my bad luck. So where are ya guys movin? I will REALLY miss you
Glad to see someone else getting some mileage out of the better not pout/Santa's coming trick! It sure worked around here!
Fun times but gone so fast!
Post a Comment