I just have a quick question for everyone. What is in formula that could possibly make it cost a small fortune. Yesterday I ventured to the store to buy bottles, a bottle warmer for the car and formula. Eighty dollars later I was done. I spent the rest of day wishing I could go back to nursing, which is free. With eighty dollars I could have bought the cute pair of jeans at the buckle that I have been wanting for months. I know it is worth it and it is the only other option I have but seriously what could possibly make it so expensive.
6 comments:
I have no idea but they sure make you wonder! I have seen it at Sams club for cheaper. I think it was Enfamil. It sure makes you want to put them on real milk in a hurry though doesn't it. I used to always laugh when people complained about the price of diapers! Those are CHEAP in comparison! But somehow, I am sure that the price is worth a good night sleep for you :)
I think the companies know that you have no other choice so they can charge anything they want. Hopefully the sleep is a good exchange though.
I know how you feel, we spend about 150.00 every month on formula. What kind is he on? Formula is like vacuuum's, the company knows that you can't get by without one, so they charge you a fortune for it! We need to go to lunch!
Nikki,
I was excited to see your comment on my blog. It's fun to look at your cute family! Good luck with the formula thing! Take care.
Melanie
Nik,
Try to get on-line and get some coupons, they sometimes even have them on Craigslist and Ebay. The forumula companies usually give out "free formula" coupons to new moms, and a lot of moms that breastfeed sell the coupons for like a $2.00, but you get the formula free, which is a pretty good deal.
I know what you mean though, when I quit pumping when Jake was 9 months old, and we had to buy formula it was some serious sticker shock.
Nikki,
Hey, this is Elysia Butler (Cannon)--I just found your blog and I'm so sorry to hear about your baby getting RSV and croup...we went through the same stuff this winter too--it sucks! I hope everyone is doing well now. I don't know why they make formula so expensive!!
Post a Comment